So I finally got a Fatboy. It's aptly named and HUGE. It's actually meant for outdoor lounging, but since it's 16 degrees here in the arctic Catskills we're using it inside until summer returns. (It's the closest thing we'll get to a recliner in this joint.) I bought it at a deep discount from undrgrnd.com which is like gilt.com but for modern home stuff instead of designer clothes. As far as I can tell it's about 95% mismatched Dwell Studio bedding separates and 5% cool stuff, but totally worth checking out.

CLICK IT, DON'T LICK IT:
Fatboy Modern bean bags for modern slugs.
undrgrnd.com They weirdly only feature one item at a time on the main page, but once you sign up you can access the "Secret Sale" page with everything on it.
gilt.com Invitation only high end designer clothes sample sale with some home accessories on occasion.

P.S. As I was editing the photo for this post I counted a ridiculous amount of pillows in this one shot. Seven including the Fatboy which is basically a giant pillow. That's disturbing. I need a pillow intervention. In fact, I want to be on Intervention for Pillow Addiction and ushered off to Promises by concerned friends and family. If I'm lucky, I'll be roommates with my all time fave Intervention star, Alison the Duster Huffer:

10 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 15, 2009 at 7:24 PM

    Ooooo..... that Fatboy is really cool. It looks perfect in your super stylie home. I totally get the pillow collecting thing--- My guy has a pillow obsession as well and I've been telling him for years he needs help. We even have that same pillow on the chair in the background. :)
    Love seeing photos of your place.

  2. Anonymous // January 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM

    i WANT ONE!!!! although i'd have to fight my dogs to use it....

  3. Anonymous // January 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM

    This is fabulous. It would be excellent beside my pool!

  4. Doodle Whore // January 16, 2009 at 2:41 PM

    It's super comfy and molds to the shape of your body. I'd love to put mine next to my pool, oh, wait, I don't have one. And if I did it would be frozen. I need a winter home asap.

  5. Unknown // January 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM

    hey there, i saw your house tour on apartment therapy and was wondering if you could please tell me where you got your smiths posters from? i really appreciate it. thanks.

  6. Doodle Whore // January 19, 2009 at 7:33 PM

    Hi Jill, I've had those posters since my angsty teen years. I dug them up out of my piles of old crap in my parents' basement and had them framed. I bet you could find them on ebay.

  7. Anonymous // February 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM

    Alison wouldn't need to do Duster if she had a Fatboy to lounge on.

  8. Unknown // May 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

    Where did you find that amazing campfire pillow??

  9. Unknown // May 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

    where did you get that amazing campfire pillow?

  10. Doodle Whore // May 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

    The campfire pillow is by Gama-Go, but I don't think they make it anymore. http://designcrack.com/v2/2006/10/24/the-campfire-pillow-by-gama-go/