I reclaimed all of my old Smiths posters from my parents' basement and had a few of my favorites framed. This one is for the single What Difference Does It Make and features Terence Stamp from the 1965 movie "The Collector" holding a pad soaked with chloroform. Because Stamp didn't approve of The Smiths using his photograph, later pressings have Morrissey recreating Stamp's pose and grin, holding a glass of milk instead. This poster hangs downstairs next to an antique television in an area that doubles as a guest room. I love that my house guests get to look at that maniacal expression on his face as they drift off to sleep.

Since we're on the topic, my blog buddy, Anna, recently had a post entitled Glamorous Grout, a play on Morrissey's Glamorous Glue, which had me chuckling over my coffee this morning. Not only does she have great taste in music and furnishings, but she can whip up a witty pun that incorporates her passion for Morrissey and home renovation. Of course that got me to thinking, so here are some more:
  • Suedeheadboard
  • Interesting Rug
  • This Charming Mantle
  • Handsome Bevel
  • Please Please Please Let Me Grout What I Want
  • That Oak Isn't Shiny Anymore
  • The Boy With the Thorn in His Sideboard
  • Pretty Girls Make Drapes
  • A Rush and a Push and the Lamp is Ours
  • Stretch Out and Wait (For the Paint to Dry)
  • Some Drills Are Bigger Than Others
  • Paint a Vulgar Fixture
This one hangs in my office.

Anna's chic dining room prominently features a poster of Shoplifters of the World Unite. I wonder if she stole it. Hmmm. Check out her House Tour at Apartment Therapy.

CLICK IT, DON'T LICK IT:
Door Sixteen Anna's blog chronicles the DIY renovation of her 1890’s Victorian rowhouse in Newburgh, NY.
Handsome Devil Press We named our greeting card company after the classic Smiths b-side. Check out some of our Moz flavored cards here.
Vulgar Picture A fantastic catalog of Smiths and Morrissey cover art.
itsmorrisseysworld.com 3 years of patience will soon be paying off as 'Years of Refusal', Morrissey's 9th complete solo studio album, finally hits the stores on Monday 16th February.

8 comments

  1. joe*to*hell // February 11, 2009 at 7:15 PM

    so, where should we hang the poster from his latest single?

  2. Anonymous // February 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM

    Brilliant. What else could I say I have to live here.

  3. Abbe Does It! // February 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM

    Jason, you are indeed a sweet and tender hooligan with superb taste in music and decor!

  4. Anonymous // February 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM

    This Charming Mantle LOLOLOLOL

  5. Mr. Peacock // February 12, 2009 at 4:39 AM

    Wonderful posting...

    Each household appliance is like a new science....
    I adore the Terence Stamp poster! I've lusted for years over a friend's oversized (about 4' x 6') Smith's poster from Japan in the 80's.

    Love the "Glamourous Grout" post too. Hot photo!

    We saw Moz last year and he's still frickin' hot! He even took off his sweat soaked shirt and threw it into the audience.

  6. vicki archer // February 14, 2009 at 6:22 AM

    Great poster of Terence Stamp and great everything decor, love it - I must rewatch that movie, The Collector - very scary but good if I remember. xv

  7. Anonymous // February 15, 2009 at 7:23 PM

    Your home is amazing. You have impeccable taste. (Did I spell that correctly?)

  8. Anonymous // February 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM

    Your home is GORGEOUS. And I'm a huge Smiths fan too. Thanks for commenting on Pitch, pleased to make your internet acquaintance! :-)