I'm almost finished with my second pottery class and here are some of the results. Similar shapes as my first attempt, except these are slightly more refined and a smidge taller. It's hard to see in the photo, but I've been dipping them in high gloss white and leaving portions natural and unglazed. I like the contrast. They look extra modern with these spiky tillandsia air plants sprouting out of them instead of baby's breath and carnations. Starting with my next class this spring, I'm going to start selling them since I'm running out of display surfaces in my own home. Would you buy one of my slightly lumpy handcrafted one-of-a-kind vessels?

CLICK IT, DON'T LICK IT:
Air Plants No dirt required and they come in a mind boggling array of bizarre shapes and sizes.
Robert The He did the cool yellow "book gun" in the background.
FLOR I shot this on my House Pet carpet tiles on the floor. I need a better tripod.

11 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM

    those pots are awesome! ...and plentiful. have u been throwing pots 24/7?!

  2. Abbe Does It! // March 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM

    I looooove. I want to throw pots too!!!

  3. Unknown // March 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM

    No. No. No. You can't break these. :-( Is this a hobby or can we order these?

  4. Anonymous // March 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

    It's a hobby, but I'm starting my next class at the end of the month. I'll probably start selling them in April-ish. Of course I'll announce it here as soon as I get it all set up for sale.

  5. joe*to*hell // March 9, 2009 at 9:42 PM

    i cant beleive you are going back.

  6. Anonymous // March 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM

    I can't stop! And you're joining me.

  7. Anonymous // March 10, 2009 at 2:23 AM

    Nice! And with kick-ass air plants!

  8. Anonymous // March 10, 2009 at 11:21 AM

    look great!!

  9. brandy101 // March 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM

    they are great - I was thinking some of the shapes look perfect for forcing bulbs b/c they have the smaller opening at the top.

  10. Anonymous // March 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM

    That's an excellent idea, Brandy! Especially the tall one in the middle. I'll keep that in mind next time I hit the wheel.

  11. kewlb // June 22, 2009 at 7:47 PM

    Damn cuz! You are good!