Spooky Suspiria

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 | | 1 comments »


Happy Halloween! If you're anything like me, the first 10 minutes of Dario Argento's Suspiria will make your nipples stand up at attention and say "BOO!" Take a gander below at the ludicrously over-the-top screen caps of one of my all time favorite horror movies. The sets, cinematography, and lighting (not to mention the gore) are saturated and lurid to the extreme. The whole look of the film has a nightmarish 70's high fashion coked-up Technicolor art nouveau vibe which I love. And the ever present soundtrack of clattering metal and witchy shrieks by the aptly named Goblin will stay lodged in your head like an ice pick.

Hello, police? I'd like to report a robbery. Kelly Wearstler and Jonathan Adler have been stealing interior design ideas from me. No, I'm not drunk.

Who farted?

Peekaboo!

Define "back seat driver." I was just trying to be helpful. And if you don't stop talking on your cell phone I'm going to unravel that turban and strangle you with it.

So what if I look like Sally Field's less attractive half sister.

I'm really having second thoughts about etching my windows with this art deco motif. And where the fuck is my hair dryer?

Knock knock. Who's there? Boo. Boo who? Stop crying and open the damn door. There's a witch out here!

This looks like a typical gathering at my house.

I'm no expert on accessorizing, but I think the peacock sculpture might be one accent too many.

1 comments

  1. Karen/Small Earth Vintage // October 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM

    your post is 1000 times more entertaining than the movie, in my opinion.

    have you seen "black christmas"--it's canadian, has margot kidder, and is one of the first "slasher/phone call from inside the house" flicks.