There's something about the deliciously dated graphics and typography on these album covers that makes me smile. I love how each one attempts to be modern and forward thinking in it's own way, which is really what the whole new wave thing was all about anyway.










CLICK IT, DON'T LICK IT:
Discotrax80s Check out the fabulously weird selection of album covers and downloads at this Italian blog.
Lost in the 80s My absolute fave obscure 80's music blog that resurrects and deconstructs long forgotten gems and rarities.

4 comments

  1. Anonymous // February 6, 2009 at 7:06 PM

    I LOVE these! Thanks for sharing. Must see more.

  2. Anonymous // February 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM

    Very cool!
    I don't know if you know this, but the first album says "I only move for money" @ the bottom of the cover. Too funny.

  3. Anonymous // February 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM

    God damn It I miss the 80's! Looking at those album covers makes me want to smoke a clove cigarette, fill my palms full of hair mousse in order to spike the crap out of my bangs, and call my "girlfriend" Jenny Mo to see if she wants to come over to dye my hair maroon and listen to Culture Club on cassette tape. Sigh........... Thanks for the memory lane trip!

  4. Scott Fazzini // March 15, 2009 at 2:02 PM

    Mr. P. is absolutely fantastic!